Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My negative, Exposed



Uncover me
Shed my skin of vulnerability
simply because you can
For no other reason
sufficiently describes
simply because it is
you who can

Unfold arms embracing
what the it is
they hold so gently
Impressed upon
the familiar image of yourself
staring back

Using your skeleton key
to which you unlock every door
behind the I in everything
naked standing
unfolded
exposed
me

Understand the whom
to who you seek
Measure
What is the weight of desire in gold?
Sentiment in silver?
The worth of a life traded
for a past mulled over?
Or two lives, or three, or five?
The whom to who you seek
choices measured not in pennies
but penance paid
to your personal history

(Come) Undone
Come exposed
Come seen

Come under the weight of necessity
or ascribe to the permanence of possibility

But, come
Undone
Come exposed
Come seen

Let the rarity of negative exposure
from the dark rooms of dark halls in dark living
Develop.
See yourself
As you are seen
By me.



No comments:

Post a Comment