Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bargain-chipped



I've decided to include some musical piece as an intro to my own personal writing. I think so many times, we creatives are longing to find a way to uniquely express a very common experience. So, I put it my way, Dylan wrote it his, but we are both attempting to harness a bit of the ineffable.

In my inability to suck in,
hold,
exhale
and repeat today,
I realized I was traded over a table,
gambled at my own expense,
an accepted defeat as consequence for trivial longing

Bargain-chipped for someone else's freedom
A good night sleep
A favorite show
a post-couple-war copulation
following the loss of your personal life's stronghold

Under what terms did I masquerade?
What value priced out for?

If I could trade you in for peace
Admittedly
I might.
But,
I sleep to escape from daydream-girl fantasy
I don't even own a TV
And, there isn't enough fight in the circumstance I chose
to have peace come at the expense of me


No comments:

Post a Comment