Sunday, April 25, 2010

Brandi Carlile, The Story (Cover)

(See more recent post for this cover tune. I have decided to put the video blogs up through YouTube so that I would be able to manage them more easily.)

So, rather than write some poetry and post this song, I just assumed cover it and paste it up. I just discovered this artist, Brandi Carlile, (though I think I refer to her as "Brenda" in the video intro, shoot- see I really did just find her!) thanks to my listening obsession with Pandora. I have always loved Ani DiFranco and then this other amazing woman's voice was chiming through my computer speakers. Phenomenal energy, phenomenal lyrics, just so Patsy Cline-ish and raw- very beautiful music.

I am loving her today.

Here is an additional Brandi Carlile track I am in love with today, "Closer to You":


No comments:

Post a Comment