Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This method-acting

I am excited to report that I am going to some random street corner this evening and will be playing "out." Sans the mic, of course, but there will be live bystanders and perhaps a Guiness in store. Covers, covers, for sure. In good time, I will hope to revisit the ones I can claim for my own in addition to penning some new ones. But for those in the know, we can probably imagine that the new ones will be recycled versions of the old, so why trample a done thing, right? Maybe, new experiences will equal new material. For my own listening pleasure, I hope so. I don't think I can stand to hear the whining anymore either.

Some ideas floating in the mind-mix.

Damn
when I know that I couldn't pretend
my heart into passing
this polygraph of testimony:
I'm over it.

Green-screen of living
On autopilot to escape into the daydream
My mind method-acting (out)
the alternate piece staring you and me.
So, duck You into the margin of my thoughts
Take a seat
there
in the chair
Beside what could've been.

Watch the wooden stage-
upon which play the players,
from a script to the role you wrote
yourself out of.

1 comment: