Thursday, April 15, 2010

Slow n Steady


Leonard Cohen cover, Jeff Buckley version. Take 52. Yes, I'm reading the words and chords off the computer. Simple progression, just making it easy for me. Nope, not typically cross-eyed, contrary to video footage embedded here.

Best part:

"Baby I've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
But love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah"

3 comments:

  1. Only slightly cross-eyed but beautiful indeed. I loved it Brynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff Buckley and this song always make me think of you. I love this bit of nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely impressive. It would be nice to see more of you singing!

    ReplyDelete